Friday, July 4, 2014

13. Ladies

(Poem) 

But where is the self respect?

*****written portraying the voice of a woman who sells her body for a living**** 



My body is a temple. But I am treating it as a shack.
Rather than a place solely for birth and rebirth
I allow men impersonating our savior to separate my legs like the Red Sea because I've lost all the love for me
I strip my dignity for likes 
which leads to a boost in my confidence for that mere minute
I show skin like a newborn crying for attention
And everyone around me is longing to wrap their arms around me 
They enjoy hearing my scream 
And long to penetrate the very thing I was just released from
The complications of my heart put me under distress and 
And the more I take off the more pieces of my heart break off
Like I'm an unknown species still trying to be discovered
I've been this way my entire life
Since I was 10 years old this is all I've known
Just lurking for myself in the world
And I find it in sex ok 
I look for the philander 
All Church is is a fashion show and a dating game 
But you don't know my story
You don't know what I've been thru
I never had my dad
So I look to paper copies
And I rip my ego to shreds 
I use the ink under my eyes to draw more men closer to me 
I let them get inside my soul
Because I find my beauty in nakedness
And before Eve ate that apple life was good
So go ahead blame the women
But what about your pride
You never stopped me from listening to the snake and letting it get inside me for a minute of pleasure
That pleasure filled minute Resulted in the entire earths pain
You love me but you choke up when you attempt to tell me to keep my clothes on
That's why it's called Adam's apple
I can see it and as you swallow 
it goes up right along with your lower half
So you are the man and I was made from your ribs
That's probably why you enjoy eating huh
you think you know me ?
You have not a clue
You don't know what I've been thru
You don't know the things I've seen 
The things I've done
You don't know my struggle
So how can you judge
Only God can judge me
And most days I forget that one day .. He will..
If I were to die tomorrow
Would I make it to heaven?
I tell my deceased friends RIP while I am a rock in place
Like the stone on their grave I've been stagnant in my faith
It is the same as every one else's in this cemetery. 
Dead.
I say I'll see you soon in heaven, but I'm doing nothing to make sure God even allows me to walk through the gates...
Does God even hear my calls?
He hasn't answered any. 
My brother's still in jail
My momma still sick
I hope my daddy rot in hell
To pray would be absurd
God doesn't care about me, 
If if If he did WHY AM I STILL BROKE HUH
Why do I cry? 
Can you tell me why?!
Didn't think so. 
Forgiveness is for the weak
I've been strong all my life I don't need them
Y'all ain't loyal 
Walked out my life
Well keep walking 
I have me...
Myself... 
And I....
*talks to self* 
God where are you 
Are you even real?
How can I believe in a book written thousands of years ago
How can I possibly comprehend a man dying for my mistakes
The scars on his back don't even amount to the scars on my heart God
I've let the Devil defeat me
I've even defeated me.
Am I talking to myself?
You've probably given up on me... It's ok , I've given up on me too...

*looks down* 
Slowly rises head and says 

"My child..
Love does not rest.
I have not given up on you.
It is all a test. 
Because tests prove endurance and endurance produces character and character produces hope.
Faith is seeing the unseen without your eyes
As your heart speaks all the words I need to hear
Your entire life you've believed Satan's lies and this is the reason you cry
I have seen your problems
And I have heard your prayer
But how can I answer you when doubts are there
Doubt your doubts
Change your change
Fear no fear
There are blessings I have with your name that are waiting to be opened if you would just ask and believe
I will never leave
I will never forsake
Your heart will no longer break if you instill it with me
I explain in first peter if you would just read 
For it is better to suffer for doing good
James 1:6 
For let him ask in faith.. Without doubting
You doubt me 
So I have not been able to give to you 
I see you are sinning and I forgive you
so please let me live in you
I carry your pain if you just ask
I carry it regardless 
But I want to spend eternity with you 
Of all the men you've been with I am the only one that has died for you and risen
That thousand year old history
Is my story to you
Trying to build your life
I gave you the blueprint as a guide
And the more you misinterpret what I am saying
It seems as if the man beneath you is speaking
Earth is so petty
Heaven is so pretty
Life for you now is just to make sure you can come with me for eternity 
You cannot earn it
You cannot lose it
Come to me
Repent
That simple prayer ain't so simple
You've gotta mean what you say
You think life's a game?
You think satan can beat me?
Ha
I'm undefeated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment