Sunday, July 13, 2014

17. Can't Cry

(Poem) 

I haven't cried in so long
I forgot what pain feels like
I haven't spoke to storm
So I forgot what rain feels like

Thoughts in danger like a manitee 
Swimming clues less in a can a tea
So clueless
I question my sanity 
but then I see the marks from my vanity strained in his back
Love so deep 
his broke 
all because we stepped on the cracks
Couldn't avoid the sin
Just had to give in
I mean we knew it was wrong
Knew the path we were on 
spread wider than our legs 
Kayak Rowed 
Yellow road 
rolled out blunt
But the path with few steps 
only a few steps away 
leads to the stairs with more than a few steps 
don't tip toe steps 
you might miss those steps 
the gates few step in 
but a few steps in 
you already see gold roads 
and glory road leading to him 
... And I took the one less traveled by
Chased by the fireman here come the fireman
But I'm gone stay with my main yea because my saviors no hater 
Chased by the devil 
he don't even realize he's covering our tracks with his flames
Look back put them out 
Look at me now 
All we need is H2o and a K cuz we're the fishermen for God 
and he hands us the hook
When you can't sleep 
Lying in bed 
at 12:14 am
Crying cuz the boy who hurt you 
Can't even forgive yourself 
Think of Romans 12:14 
The man who loved you 
says to bless those who hurt you
So what if he left
The homeless man will hug you!
Alysia Harris poems will make you smile
God went the extra mile
Taking steps into souls
His shoes too big to fill 
With grace as his feet 
And your vains the path 
To enter your heart
Penitent from the wrong 
leaves you repentant
from the inveterate sin
But the very tears you just shed 
are the same ones you're drowning in 
If there was no mistakes 
he would have been crucified for nothing
We all sin 
He didn't miss take them 
..

They say they've cried out all their tears
And I use to not see that to be possible
Because I cried myself to sleep so many nights in a row I lost count
The ones I thought I had I couldn't column out the numbers 
Then God said he was there 
All I had to do was call em
Like like Greek architecture 
The columns so unique 
The X I thought was everything 
Caused 11 months of weep
12 hours of insanity
And 13 unlucky thoughts which exhausted me to the fullest
The Roman numerals but the IV keeping me alive 
I pulled out from my flesh .. 
The 4 of us
But I came to realize

Joy was in my soul
I just had to find it 
Like that tip of the tongue phenomenon 
The feeling just appeared
And I cry no more
Because all my trust is in The Lord
When I say I TRUST him I MEAN IT
Tears are unnecessary when I know he would never harm me
Water works don't work 
Katrina mighta broke the Levi 
But it was paid to fix it 
That's why the storm can't make me cry
Nothing can make me cry really
Maybe I shed a first tear or two during the poem for a second or few 
But right at 3rd I somehow knew Jesus put forth his tomb
..And it took 5 to save us
The father
The son 
The spirit
Me
... And you

God is Jesus the son, Uncle Sam, Father Time & Mother Nature. Period.
I'll say niagra falls will never come to my eyes
And they'll say
"what'd you call me?"
I don't think ignorance is bliss
Rather blasphemy if you ask me
Sorta nasty 
Leaves our voice raspy 
Cuz no one wants to hear us speak when it sounds like this
Just like No one wants to hear you speak when you're weak

Except him.
I made him my strength
You've just gotta be fifth harmony 
Put it all in a melody 
Let that sink in 
Open the door
God be the water
We've just gotta drink him 

No comments:

Post a Comment