Friday, July 4, 2014

14. Cole Summer

Mighty crazy the things I've been thru 
They all led up to where I am now.

AFTER 5 YEARS of being obsessed with Cole, I had yet to see him in concert.

I'll never forget the summer of 2013

It was the summer that my life changed
God asked me "Are you ready for it?" 
I looked around at all his nice things..
Told him "Savior you already know it!!"

June 24, 2013 was the Dollar and a Dream concert in Houston. 
4 hours from my home.
I planned for weeks ahead to attend this concert, I had no clue how I was getting there but I KNEW I was going.

So the week before my aunt said she would drop me off, mannnnnn I was HYPE
She said "just wake me up at 4am and well go"
So I went to sleep at midnight, set my alarm for 3:45
3:46
& 3:48

Called her, she answered
And said she was too tired to take me.

At the time I was so bitter
I was going thru my life change 
I was finding myself, getting ready to leave for college, and transforming from the inside out.
Now that I look back I know there was no way I was mentally ready to see Cole.
I was not close enough with God and the vanity in my soul would have given all the glory to myself.

So during that summer I read the book "Heaven is Foreal"
Went to HolyLand in Florida
Started reading my bible everyday
And began listening to Joel Osteen podcasts everyday as well
By the time I left for college on August 22, 2013 I made the decision to be a better ME
Not for me, but for God. 
The process is still on going, but I'm getting better every single day.

On August 6, 2013 I gave my life to Christ.

When I went off to school I developed a brand new persona, without completely doing away with my old self. 

From that time on I wanted to be a better person, a better individual, a better daughter, sister, cousin, granddaughter, friend, loved one, girlfriend, I wanted people to see Christ living thru me.

8 months later on April 24, 2014 exactly 10 months after my last failed attempt to see jcole.... I was standing in the same building as him.

Two weeks before the concert my friend texted me saying Cole was going to be at UNT, which was 2 hours away from my new home.
That friends boyfriend was a student at UNT & let me be his one guest to take to the concert.
Another friend bought my ticket because my card was not working.
A different friend let me ride with him up to the concert.
One of my bestfriends let me stay with him in Dallas that night, 
And at 5am the following morning, my cousin came and picked me up and took me to the bus stop.
YALL CANT TELL ME GOD IS NOT REAL.
6 people helped to make one of my dreams come true, after my transformation, and that concert is a day I will remember for 
The 
Rest
Of 
My 
LIFE.

I am so grateful, words cannot describe.

The ColeSummer of 2013 my life changed forever,
It's now Summer of 2014 and it is my life's goal to bring as many people to Christ as I possibly can. 

God is real
If you have doubts
Science can tell us how
But can't tell us why
People can give us all the reasons he does not exist
But those are all just theories
I can prove God changed my life
Thanks to that

Cole Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment