Thursday, June 16, 2016

28. Dreams

The hardest part about the grind 
Is that you always missing so much time
Spending what you can't make back
On things so your fam can lay back
Drive a maybach
But what would they really rather have?
Is it your pulse within their reach?
Or that life within their grasp?
As I'm off at school
Trying to make a life
Working 2 jobs
Painting and studying, plus I hoop

That's why I never sleep at night 

Cuz while I'm in Tyler 
My baby brother just learned how to ride a bike
While I was home studying
My little sisters turned to the knife 
As I play my last basketball game junior year
My cousins at home living in fear
And i fear they'll never make it out 
But ain't that why I left the house?
Ain't that why I fled?
So I could give them all my bread?
Yet I have kin passing right and left
Which really has me trippin
Is this money school successful life really for me?
Cuz I say I'm doing it for them
But by the time I make it
Who will I be?
I won't even know them anymore
Because I spent so much time out the door
Which really has me thinking
What am I really working for?


And this will conclude disc 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment