Sunday, April 20, 2014

6. Rags to Riches (at the beep)

I know I've accepted God's will for my life because if he calls me to a life of sorrow... I'll learn to accept it.

If he takes my life tomorrow.. I'll be ok with that.

If God took all my money, all my family, and everything I ever had and known and loved I would have no choice but to accept his will

And you know why?

BECAUSE HE GAVE IT ALL TO ME

No matter how much of a "good person" I try to be, nothing compares to the eternal life that lies ahead of me the day my heart stops beating. 

Anyone who tries to keep his life will lose it. Anyone who loses his life will keep it. 

Luke 17:33

What good is gaining the whole world but losing your soul?

If you want to save your life, you will lose it. But if you lose your life for God and the gospel, you will save it.

In Mark chapter 8 Jesus tells his disciples of how they think about "human things"

Isn't that all we stress about? 
Homework
Grades
Boys
Girls
Kids
Health
Money
School
Money
Money
And again.. Money

You ever think how there's no stress in heaven? Because they aren't HUMAN, there's no worries! 

COLOSSIANS 3:2 🙌

A main source of stress for EVERYONE is 

MONEY 

Even I stress about money on occasion, I try not to but it's an old habit that's dying hard. 

What I do understand is that I do not under any circumstance LOVE money, times I find myself stressing about money but what for? 

I have a roof over my head
Food in my stomach
& I'm alive

One day I'll be rich, but I'll love humbly.

That is all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment