Wednesday, May 4, 2016

24. World Is Empty

Pain is not to be measured on a scale
It is not to be analyzed
Or weighed
On a beam of balance
trying to figure out how they may still manage
After alla that damage
Because what's painful to me may be so sweet to you
And what really hurts you I may be longing to do 

So to understand pain
And a poet
And a person
So insane

Involves truth
Running to the light
Rather than avoiding
In fright 
Of judgment 
Moves similar to a serpent
Unplugged from the most thought virtue
And I'm not saying I ain't there right next to you 
I'm a glutton
And prideful
And sad
And have insanity 
If only y'all knew what all goes through my mind mentally
Trapped in this mansion
Opening doors 
Forgetting to answer the knock at the front


And it is my fault
I'll admit that
I take full responsibility
I understand I'm crazy 
So I know why I always wonder 
How could anyone love me
Being saved doesn't take the pain away
It just gives me so much more hope for another day
It drowns out the noise
Distracting me from toys
And gives me a joy 
Burning so much in my heart
It's intimidating to others
I guess
I don't know
And I'm not gonna try to understand


There's not much I know
In fact I only know one thing
And that's that Jesus saved me
So I can act on this 1st right and use my freedom of speech 
So why wouldn't I make use of it?
Why would I sit back and watch you lose it?


Trying to live till infinity
Trying to find things to talk about other than the G
Trying not to come off as forceful
Trying not to be mean
But 
Trying isn't helping 
Because when I try to live through me 
I fail everyday of the week

That's when I ask for Galatians 2:20
Live through me 
Love through me
World please reject me!
Oh please do 
Please tell me I'm not fit for you 
Cuz I ain't tryna be here anyways
I been thinkin bout the next place for about a thousand days 


Yea I'm telling y'all 
Though I may feel lonely toward earth
Y'all forget my name 
Y'all forget what I go by?
Y'all forget this ain't all for show?
And that this means something
This is all real life
And so true 
So as I continue on this earth I roam
I just gotta constantly remember 


this place is not my home 

1 comment: